Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Lots happening

So I started a post a few months ago. Obviously that didn't turn out so well.

Coleman and I are in the middle of planning a wedding. Parts of the actual planning is stressful like everybody talks about. But the most stressful part so far has been my brother. His wedding is almost a month to the day before ours. And apparently ever since Coleman had the audacity to propose before Chris and Colleen were married (note the sarcasm) he's been incredibly selfish. This is where all of my wedding related stress has come from. He didn't talk to me for 6 weeks because we're using the same venue for our reception that he is. It makes me sad.

I've spent so much time praying for my own pending nuptials that I haven't at all for my brother's. Sometimes I feel like he is still living off our parents' faith and not claiming his own. He didn't find a community of believers in college. He still hasn't connected to anybody in the group he's going to now. I think more frustrating than his selfishness about wedding stuff is his lack of spiritual growth since high school. I feel like the rest of the siblings have taken the opportunities for growth that God has given us. Sometimes we learned our lessons the hard way, but we still grew. But it appears as though he's stagnant in his faith.

Please join me in praying for my brother, and my, marriage to be anchored in Jesus.

3 comments:

Allyson Montague said...

God has a way of bringing his sheep back to him. However, his faith has never been as strong as my girls. Maybe it's not macho, maybe it's who he has hung out with, maybe he's not honest with himself. He is sometimes like the prodigal son.

Beauty to Unveil said...

Maybe he just knows that you have to change your life and he doesn't want to do that.

Courtney said...

1st off, welcome back! Secondly, all we can do is pray. We all know he is as stubborn as stubborn comes, and if it's not his idea it's not going to happen. But I pray that God will place the right people in both of their lives, speaking truth in love with wisdom and discernment. His actions have been a burden to me recently as much as they have been to you and everyone else. Hopefully he realizes what he has done and how it has effected those around him.

Love you!